A busy schedule and cold weather have kept me out of the garage lately, although I recently did manage to cut and laminate plywood blanks for what will become the leeboard, the rudder cheeks and the rudder. I’ll post a few pix of those when I get farther along in fashioning those pieces.
I recently realized that I had misread the plans and had made the gunwales half their designed height. This required that I rip new wales from yet another 16-foot board, which I did a couple of weeks ago. Last weekend, before I glassed the hull, I installed the inner wale on the port side. Hi temps in the low 40’s meant that the Titebond III glue took two days to dry. It also took every clamp I owned to get the inner wale in. One down, three to go. Not sure how I’ll clamp the lower outer wale . . . here’s a pic: